Top Amazon S3 Best Practices
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
- Industry-leading performance, scalability, availability, and durability
- Wide range of cost-effective storage classes
- Unmatched security, compliance, and audit capabilities
- Easily manage data and access controls
- Query-in-place and process on-request
- Most supported cloud storage service
Storage Classes and Cost Optimization
- Amazon S3 Storage Classes – S3 Standard, S3 Intelligent Tiering, S3 Standard – IA, S3 Glacier, S3 Glacier Deep Archive, S3 One Zone – IA, S3 Outposts.
- Amazon S3 analytics and Insights – Amazon S3 Inventory, Amazon S3 Storage Class Analysis, S3 Storage Lens
- S3 Lifecycle to transition to different storage classes. Move objects older than 30 days to Standard-IA, Move objects older than 365 days to S3 Glacier Deep Archive.
- S3 Intelligent-Tiering with Frequent, Infrequent, Archive and Deep Archive access tiers. Automatically optimizes storage costs for data with changing access patterns.
- Use object versioning to secure the S3 objects.
- S3 Replication to replicate objects with in same region , different aws regions.
- Amazon S3 object lock to restrict deletion on objects
Analytics and Insights
- S3 Storage Lens to gather more summary insights, outliers, data protection insights and cost efficiency.
- Amazon cloudwatch metrics for Amazon S3.