Overview of Amazon Kinesis Pricing, Calculator
Amazon Kinesis is a fully managed, cloud-based service for real-time data processing over large, distributed data streams. Amazon Kinesis Pricing Varies depending on the type of Service usage. To learn more about Amazon Kinesis Services, Refer to our post at http://www.cloudinfonow.com/amazon-kinesis/
Amazon Kinesis Data Streams Pricing
Amazon Kinesis Data Streams Pricing depends on type of capacity mode. Following is the comparision
|On-Demand Mode||Provisioned Mode|
|With on-demand capacity mode, you pay per GB of data written and read from your data streams.||With provisioned capacity mode, you specify the number of shards necessary for your application based on its write and read request rate.|
|The data ingested into Kinesis Data Streams is billed per GB written into your data stream.||A shard is a unit of capacity that provides 1 MB/second of write and 2 MB/second of read throughout.|
|The data retrieved from Kinesis Data Streams is billed per GB read from a data stream.||A record is the data that your data producer adds to your Amazon Kinesis data stream. A PUT Payload Unit is counted in 25 KB payload “chunks” that comprise a record.|
|Enhanced fan-out improves read parallelism by providing each data consumer with their own read throughput per shard, up to 2 MB/second.||Enhanced fan-out improves read parallelism by providing each data consumer with their own read throughput per shard (up to 2 MB/second).|
More details about the Amazon Kinesis Data Streams pricing, calculator can be found in https://aws.amazon.com/kinesis/data-streams/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=3
Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose Pricing
With Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, you pay for the volume of data you ingest into the service. There are four types of on demand usage with Kinesis Data Firehose: ingestion, format conversion, VPC delivery, and Dynamic Partitioning. Additional data transfer charges can apply.
- The base function of a Kinesis Data Firehose delivery stream is ingestion and delivery. Ingestion pricing is tiered and billed per GB ingested in 5KB increments.
- You can enable JSON to Apache Parquet or Apache ORC format conversion at a per-GB rate based on GBs ingested in 5KB increments.
- For delivery streams with a destination that resides in an Amazon VPC, you will be billed for every hour that your delivery stream is active in each AZ.
More details about the Amazon Kinesis Firehose pricing, calculator can be found in https://aws.amazon.com/kinesis/data-firehose/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=3
Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics
With Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics, you pay only for what you use. You are charged an hourly rate based on the number of Kinesis Processing Units (or KPUs) used to run your applications. A single KPU comprises 1 vCPU compute and 4 GB of memory.
- Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics for Apache Flink Streaming Applications Pricing – For Apache Flink applications, you are charged a single additional KPU per application, used for orchestration.
- Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics Studio Pricing – You are charged two additional KPUs per Studio application in interactive mode.
More details about the Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics pricing, calculator can be found in https://aws.amazon.com/kinesis/data-analytics/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=3
Amazon Kinesis Video Streams Pricing
For Kinesis Video Streams, you pay only for the volume of data you ingest, store, and consume through the service.
- Kinesis Video Streams pricing – You pay only for the volume of data you ingest, store, and consume in your video streams.
- WebRTC pricing – If you use WebRTC capabilities, you pay for the number of signaling channels that are active in a given month, number of signaling messages sent and received, and TURN streaming minutes used for relaying media.
More details about the Amazon Kinesis Video Streams pricing, calculator can be found in https://aws.amazon.com/kinesis/video-streams/pricing/?nc=sn&loc=3