Overview of Aws Database Services
AWS provides the broadest selection of purpose-built databases allowing you to save, grow, and innovate faster. AWS was Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems -2021.
Following are some the features of Aws Database Services
- Save Time and Cost – AWS Databases provide the scalability, performance, and availability of commercial-grade databases at a fraction of the cost.
- 1/10th the cost of commercial databases
- 550,000+ managed database migrations completed through AWS Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Improve Performance and Scale – AWS Databases allow you to scale your largest and most complex workloads so that you can grow to reach more customers.
- 3-5x the performance vs popular alternatives
- 20 million+ requests per second supported
- Innovate Faster – Your developers are building highly distributed applications requiring multiple database types. AWS Databases include every tool for any job.
- 15 database engines more than any other provider
- Hundreds of thousands of customers innovating with AWS Databases
List of Aws Database Services
Following are the list of available AWS Databases
Aws Database Services use cases
Following are the AWS Database Services use case matrix
|Traditional applications, enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), ecommerce
|High-traffic web applications, ecommerce systems, gaming applications
|Caching, session management, gaming leaderboards, geospatial applications
Amazon MemoryDB for Redis
|Content management, catalogs, user profiles
|Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
|High-scale industrial apps for equipment maintenance, fleet management, and route optimization
|Fraud detection, social networking, recommendation engines
|Internet of Things (IoT) applications, DevOps, industrial telemetry
|Systems of record, supply chain, registrations, banking transactions
|Amazon Ledger Database Services (QLDB)
Aws Database Services Comparison with traditional Databases
Following is high level responsibility matrix of AWS Database services when compared with Traditional Databases. As shown below, majority of tasks are being managed automatically by AWS when compared to traditional databases