Overview of Amazon CloudSearch, features, Architecture and Pricing
What is Amazon CloudSearch?
Amazon CloudSearch is a managed service in the AWS Cloud that makes it simple and cost-effective to set up, manage, and scale a search solution for your website or application.
Amazon CloudSearch has the following benefits
- Simple – Easy to configure, manage and configure domains indexing.
- Scalable – Amazon CloudSearch offers powerful autoscaling for all search domains. As your data or query volume changes, Amazon CloudSearch can scale your search domain’s resources up or down as needed.
- Reliable – Amazon CloudSearch provides automatic monitoring and recovery for your search domains. When Multi-AZ is enabled, Amazon CloudSearch provisions and maintains resources for a search domain in two Availability Zones to ensure high availability.
- Rich Search Features – Free text, Boolean, and Faceted search , Geospatial search, Autocomplete suggestions
- Cost-Effective – Amazon CloudSearch is designed to be cost-effective. You pay low hourly rates, and only for the resources you use.
Amazon CloudSearch Architecture
Following is the architecture of Amazon CloudSearch
You interact with Amazon CloudSearch through three services:
- Configuration service—create and configure search domains
- Document service—upload document batches
- Search service—submit search and suggestion requests
- You create an Amazon CloudSearch search domain for each collection of data that you want to make searchable.
- Each search domain has one or more search instances. A search instance is a server instance that has a finite amount of RAM and CPU resources for indexing data and processing requests.
- By default Amazon CloudSearch uses a Small search instance type. As the amount of data in your search index grows, Amazon CloudSearch automatically scales your search domain as needed.
- Amazon CloudSearch also automatically scales to handle increases in the amount of search traffic. When a search instance nears its maximum query load, CloudSearch deploys a replica of the search instance.
Amazon CloudSearch Pricing
Pay only for what you use. There are no set-up fees or upfront commitments to begin using Amazon CloudSearch. For more information on Amazon CloudSearch Pricing , refer to our post – https://www.cloudinfonow.com/amazon-cloudsearch-pricing/